Cypress Recruiting Group was launched in 2001, long before the Asian markets stepped into the world's economic spotlight and became the focus of the world's attention. Unlike other large U.S. based recruiting firms with one recruiter assigned to the Asian region, the entire Cypress team focuses exclusively on the Asian legal markets and our team consists of research associates, marketing and H.R. specialists and ex-practicing attorneys from top-tier law firms. Cypress has the staff and resources to accommodate associates and partners looking for a wide variety of opportunities and firms and we pride ourselves on being responsive and offering a full range of support....
What Sets Us Apart...
- Cypress has placed more associates in Asia than any other US/Asia based recruiting agency and over 80% of our candidates have found their way to Cypress through referrals.
- Our recruiters are all ex-practicing attorneys with extensive knowledge of the Asia markets. Our recruiters have practiced at firms such as Skadden Arps, Davis Polk, Orrick and Fried Frank.
- We hear stories about unresponsive recruiters in this market who are overwhelmed and taking on too many Asia candidates at one time. We pride ourselves on being responsive and honest. With our full staff and offices in New York and Asia, we have the resources and support that allow our recruiters to focus on one thing—their candidates' professional and personal well-being. Cypress recruiters are highly selective and it's our policy that we only work with a handful of candidates at any given time.
- Having been in the market since 2001, Cypress has unparalleled relationships with all of the US and UK law firms in Asia which allows us to operate as a candidate driven search firm--presenting you with all the opportunities available to you asked on your interest, skill set and short and long term career goals.
"Cypress Recruiting is a superb recruiting team. Frankly, they are our #1 recruiter - and we will look at candidates Cypress sources more positively than others because, frankly, they have some ability to get the good ones."
-Ken Siegel, Managing Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Tokyo
“Dawn has great experience and insights in private practice market. She introduced great opportunities to me and spent time knowing my strengths. She is patient and also creative. Though I did not take up the job opportunity she introduced eventually because I moved in-house, I really appreciate all the great ideas she contributed during the entire process.” Top qualities: Expert, Good Value, High Integrity
- Bei Ding, prior Senior Associate at Shearman & Sterling, Beijing
“I got my current job through Dawn. The whole process was very smooth and easy because of her expertise and great personality. If you want to know more about the job market, look for opportunities, or just make a new friend, Dawn is your go-to person.” Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert
- Steven Hsu, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hong Kong
"William helped me transition firms. He not only managed the interview process, but was sensitive to the human side of brokering the deal. He checked all the boxes so I didn't have to worry about it. He goes the extra mile."
- Liza Mark, Shanghai Office Administrative Partner, Haynes & Boone, LLP
“Cypress is the first US-based recruiting firm focused exclusively on Asia markets that Herbert Smith Freehills began to work with. Cypress stands out from its competitors in terms of the care and attention it provides its candidates and law firm clients. Cypress recruiters are extremely knowledgeable about the Asia markets and AmLaw firms, and they continue to attract the best candidates that the market has to offer.”
- Noah Riordan, Recruitment Director, Herbert Smith Freehills
Representative Firm Placements:
(* – indicates multiple placements at the firm)
Ropes & Gray, Hong Kong, Tokyo*
Simpson Thatcher, Hong Kong and Tokyo*
Sullivan Cromwell, New York, Hong Kong and Beijing*
White & Case, Hong Kong, Tokyo*
Morrison and Foerster, Tokyo, Hong Kong, CA and Shanghai*
Haynes & Boone, US-based China Practice
Herbert Smith Freehills, Hong Kong*
Davis Polk, Hong Kong
OMM, Beijing and Tokyo*
Orrick, Beijing and Shanghai*
Sidley, Hong Kong*
Skadden Arps, Tokyo, Beijing and Hong Kong*
For Recent Partner Placements, Please Inquire.
- Mid-Level US Securities Attorney - Hong Kong
- Construction Associate – Doha
- Self- Sustaining Partner – Beijing (No Language Requirement)
- Funds and Regulatory Attorney – Hong Kong
- Mid Corporate Associate - Hong Kong
- Mid-Senior Capital Markets/Finance Associate – HK
- Outstanding Managing Partner Opportunity--Beijing/Shanghai
- Junior/Mid Level U.S. Corporate Associate — Beijing
- rolex replica watches
- Junior/Mid Level Private Equity Transactions - Tokyo
- Corporate (Financial Services) Associate—Hong Kong
- Corporate Associate – Doha
- US-Qualified Corporate Partner or Counsel — Beijing or Shanghai
- Junior Corporate Associate -- Beijing
- Wall Street Firm Seeking M&A/PE Associate - HK/BJ
- Senior/Mid Level Hong Kong Litigation Associate
- Mid-Level Projects Finance Attorney – Shanghai
- Mid-Senior PE Associate – Beijing
- Energy Associate – Seoul (No Language Requirement)
- Energy Associate
- Junior to Mid US Capital Markets Associate
- Senior Associate – Beijing
- Alliance with Boutique PRC Law Firm – Shanghai
- Corporate Associate – Hong Kong
- Energy Associate- Seoul (No Language Requirement)
- Corporate Partner-Shanghai (No language required)
- Project Finance Lawyer- Hong Kong
- Tax Partner- Shanghai (No language required)
- Project Finance Associate – Abu Dhabi (No Language Requirement)
- Corporate Associate- Shanghai
- Competition Associate - Beijing
- Litigation/FCAP Partner- Shanghai (No language required)
- Corporate M&A Lawyer- HK
- Mid level to Senior US Capital Markets Associate
- Beijing or Shanghai Regulatory associate Beijing or Shanghai Regulatory associate