Excellence. It's the one word we all live by...
Cypress Recruiting Group was launched in 2001, long before the Asian markets stepped into the world's economic spotlight and became the focus of the world's attention. Unlike other large U.S. based recruiting firms with one recruiter assigned to the Asian region, the entire Cypress team focuses exclusively on the Asian legal markets and our team consists of research associates, marketing and H.R. specialists and ex-practicing attorneys from top-tier law firms. Cypress has the staff and resources to accommodate associates and partners looking for a wide variety of opportunities and firms and we pride ourselves on being responsive and offering a full range of support. As the first and only US-based legal recruiting firm to specialize exclusively on law firm and in-house placements in the China, India, Japan, Singapore and South Korea legal markets, Cypress has built unparalleled relationships with the Hiring and Managing Partners of top-tier US and UK law firms as well as domestic and international corporations. With our narrow focus and profound understanding of the market, Cypress is uniquely positioned to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding job opportunities as well as logistical, cultural and practical advice organic to the region.
The rapid expansion and resulting intricacies of the Asian legal markets necessitate that Cypress offer far more than the standard level of recruiting services. The recruiting procedures and points of contact are continually changing as the markets mature, and we rely on our strong relationships to ensure that our candidates are considered by the actual decision-makers. Our team is led by Dawn P. Robertson, a graduate of Harvard Law School and ex-practicing corporate associate at a Wall Street firm. The team is also comprised of US and foreign qualified attorneys and several research associates who focus a tremendous amount of energy and resources helping our candidates navigate this complex and exciting legal landscape. We also provide guidance on remuneration such as ex-pat packages, relocation expenses and tax consequences. Such information can be found in the Cypress Guide to the Law Firms in Asia.
Cypress works on international firm mergers, partner and group placements. We also provide consultation to law firms entering the Asian markets including the identification of regional market trends and growth opportunities, conducting market analysis and profiling the major players in the market.
What Sets Us Apart...
- Cypress has placed more associates in Asia than any other US/Asia based recruiting agency and over 80% of our candidates have found their way to Cypress through referrals
- Our recruiters are all ex-practicing attorneys with extensive knowledge of the Asia markets. Our recruiters have practiced at firms such as Skadden Arps, Davis Polk, Orrick and Fried Frank.
- We hear stories about unresponsive recruiters in this market who are overwhelmed and taking on too many Asia candidates at one time. We pride ourselves on being responsive and honest. With our full staff and offices in New York and Asia, we have the resources and support that allow our recruiters to focus on one thing—their candidates' professional and personal well-being. Cypress recruiters are highly selective and it's our policy that we only work with a handful of candidates at any given time.
- Having been in the market since 2001, Cypress has unparalleled relationships with all of the US and UK law firms in Asia which allows us to operate as a candidate driven search firm--presenting you with all the opportunities available to you asked on your interest, skill set and short and long term career goals.
- As the HR procedures and departments continue to mature in Asia, it's imperative that your resume makes it way to the actual decision makers in a foreign office--Cypress is well positioned to guarantee that your resume is actually reviewed by the appropriate partner who recognizes that Cypress vets each and every candidate.
- Our intimate knowledge of the personalities and practices areas of the offices also allows us to make long lasting placements and we have an outstanding retention rate.
- We have become the trusted authority on legal placement in Asia and both law firms and candidates reach out to us for accurate and up-to-date logistical, cultural and practical advice organic to the region.
Dawn P. Robertson, Esq.
William Wesley, Esq.
Managing Director--Asia, London Office
Karam Dahiya, Esq.
Regional Recruitment Manager, South Asia
Ash Kalb, Esq.
Director, Media and Business Development
Marketing and Client Relations
Jiun-Wen (Bob) Teoh
Jacob S. Hansen
Susannah L. Griffee